Weekend Mass - Saturday at 5:00 PM
Confessions - 4:15 PM or by appointment.
Weekday Mass - Thursday at 8:30 AM (1st Thursdays at Villa Vista)
Address: 5944 Highway 210, Cromwell, MN. 55726
Driving Instructions here.
St. Louis Church, Floodwood
Sunday Mass - 10:30 AM
Confessions - 10:00 AM or by appointment
Saturday 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Weekday Masses - Tuesday & Wednesday at 8:30 AM
Address: 105 4th Avenue East, Floodwood, MN 55736
Driving instructions here.
St. Mary's, Meadowlands
Sunday Mass: 8:00 AM
Confessions: 7:30 AM or by appointment
Weekday Mass: Friday at 8:30 AM followed by Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction.
First Saturdays in honor of Our Blessed Mother - 8:30 AM
Address: 9999 Highway 133, Meadowlands, MN 55765
Driving instructions here.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
- Immaculate Conception - Wednesdays at 5:00 PM
- St. Louis - Wednesdays: Soup Supper at 6:00 PM followed by Stations at 7:00 PM
- St. Mary's - Wednesdays: Soup Supper at 6:00 PM followed by Stations at 7:00 P
HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE- HOLY TRIDUUM
- Holy Thursday (Mass of the Last Supper) - St. Louis at 7:00 PM
- Good Friday (Veneration of the Cross) - St. Louis at Noon - St. Mary's at 3:00 PM - Immaculate Conception at 5:00 PM
- Easter Vigil - St. Mary's at 7:00 PM
- Easter Sunday - Immaculate Conception at 8:30 AM - St. Louis at 10:30 AM
Parish Office in Floodwood MN
Physical Address: 105 4th Avenue East
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 376, Floodwood, MN 55736
Mon-Thur 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
New St. Louis Church Project Update
April 21 will be a year since Bishop Paul Sirba, bishop of the Duluth diocese dedicated our new church. We will have a celebration for the anniversary of the dedication of out church on Sunday, April 22nd. We will celebrate with our community Mass at 10:30 AM followed by a potluck meal in our social hall. Please join us in thanking God for giving us the opportunity to build this building, our House of Prayer, despite all our fears and lack of resources. God has truly provided for us with his Divine Providence.
Since the last update we have added these to our new building:
- Put a canopy over the main entrance of the building (south side) and added concrete platforms at every entrance and emergency exit.
- We submitted a plan for the kitchen to the State and it was approved. We finished tiling the kitchen floor and bought some appliances - freezer, refrigerator, stainless steel shelves, counters, oven. A commercial food mixer was also donated by a parishioner.
- Acquired a steel tower for the bells which will be installed in the Spring when it is warmer.
More Urgent Needs:
- Sidewalks and parking.
- Continue to work on completing the kitchen.
- Reducing our debt. We have $82,000 (approx.) of the loan to pay back.
- Complete the canopy over the main entrance (siding).
Projects for the future
- Air handler unit for the air exchange system and for future air conditioning if needed
- Stained glass inserts for the windows in the worship area
We continue with the "That's My Tile" drive. We sell 8"x 8" tiles for $150 for memorials or for any occasion you would like us to pray for. These tiles are displayed on the "Memorial Wall" in the social hall in the new building. A Mass is offered monthly for all the intentions that are mentioned on the tiles. To place an order for a tile contact the parish office.
We have a bingo planned for Saturday, May 5th at 1:00 PM. There will be a variety of prizes to be won including two black-outs for $50.00 and $100.00. There will also be basket raffles available to be drawn at the end of the games.
Monthly basket raffles are drawn at the end of Mass of the last Sunday of each month. Proceeds are for the building and for our youth. The donor of the basket will decide where to designate the proceeds.
We will be holding another raffle of a riding lawn mower during the Catfish Festival in July. Tickets are now available for $10 per ticket. There are four prizes to be won. 1st prize is a KUBOTA zero-turn riding mower; 2nd prize a 21 inch gasoline push mower; 3rd prize a RYOBI battery 40V weed wacker and 4th prize is a $100 cash prize.
If you wish to make a donation to the building fund please make the checks payable to St. Louis Church Building.
Duluth Diocese News
04/11/18 6:19 am
God calls all Christians to be saints — not plastic statues of saints, but real people who make time for prayer and who show loving care for others in the simplest gestures, Pope Francis said in his new document on holiness.
"Do not be afraid of holiness. It will take away none of your energy, vitality, or joy," the pope wrote in "Gaudete et Exsultate" ("Rejoice and Be Glad"), his apostolic exhortation on "the call to holiness in today's world."Read More
04/05/18 6:15 am
The Feast of Divine Mercy is Sunday, April 8. The schedule for the Diocese of Duluth for 2018 is:
Aitken, St. James Church, 299 Red Oak Drive, (218) 927-6581: 1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.; confession 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., holy hour 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.; Divine Mercy Chaplet; Mass 3:15 p.m.; spaghetti dinner after Mass.Read More
04/05/18 5:58 am