St. Louis Project Update
Glory and praise to God almighty for all his blessings!
We are thankful to all those who made it possible with your monetary donations, donation of your time and talents as volunteers during construction time and are still doing so as we continue to continue with completion works. Thanks especially to Phil Romanek for his generosity, giving up all his retirement savings to lend it to the parish at "0" interest, to help us begin this project. May God bless you all for you generosity.
We have made some more additions to our building since our last update.
Since the last update we have added these to our new building:
- We put a canopy over the main entrance of the building (south side) and added concrete platforms at every entrance and emergency exit.
- We submitted a plan for the kitchen to the State and it was approved. We finished tiling the kitchen floor and bought some appliances - freezer, refrigerator, stainless steel shelves, counters, oven. A commercial food mixer was also donated by a parishioner.
- We had our bells installed and they are ringing again as a witness to the whole community.
- We have put in the sidewalks infront of the church and got the whole south-side parking blacktopped and put some steps at the back ally entrance. Thanks to all those who came out to volunteer their time when we poured concrete for the sidewalks and the handicap parking spaces.
- Black-top for all the parking lots to the south and east of the building.
- Installed the lighting and electrical outlets in kitchen and installed a temporary hood for the new oven and stove.
More Urgent Needs
- Continue to work on completing the kitchen.
- Reducing our debt. As of August 1st we have $78,932.42 left to pay back on the loan.
- Install air handler units for air exchange and for future air conditioning if needed
Projects for the future
- Steeple (a parishioner has already donated $2,000 towards this project)
- Stained glass inserts for the windows in the worship area
We continue with the "That's My Tile" drive. We sell 8"x 8" tiles for $150 for memorials or for any occasion you would like us to pray for. These tiles are displayed on the "Memorial Wall" in the social hall in the new building. A Mass is offered on the last Sunday of every month for all the intentions that are mentioned on the tiles. To place an order for a tile please contact the parish office.
Monthly basket raffles are drawn at the end of Mass of the last Sunday of each month. Proceeds are for the building and for our youth. The donor of the basket will decide where to designate the proceeds.
If you wish to make a donation to the building fund please make the checks payable to St. Louis Church Building Fund.